Messages sent to alias+detail end up in INBOX

Thu Feb 18 15:08:28 EET 2021

On 18/02/2021 12:53, Yassine Chaouche wrote:
> Yo Denis,
>
> As bjoern and Anton already said, you need a sieve script
> that has a rule that says every mail that has the "detail"
> keyword in the "to" header must go to the "detail" folder.
>
> It works with static values. But I don't know if you can
> dynmicaly create folders with the "detail" part put in a
> variable for example, ask the sieve to create it if it
> doesn't exist, then deliver mail to it.

What I use is:

if envelope :detail :regex "to" "(.+)" {
    set :upperfirst :lower "detail" "${1}";
    fileinto :create "Tagged/${detail}";
    stop;
}

Which says "if the envelope detail is not empty, copy it to a variable
called 'detail' and titlecase it, then file the message into
Tagged/$detail, creating that if necessary". I think the most relevant
part here is using a regex to match on the detail - that copies the
value of the detail into $1, which you can then use as you see fit.