lda to lmtp

Laura Steynes laura.steynes72 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 05:03:28 EEST 2021

Hi,
Although dovecot-lda serves us fine, we only average 8k messages an hour,
peaking at 11k, over 4 machines (mostly for redundancy, we've run this fine
on just  1 machine, but sometimes clamav makes things get upset, so we
added some more especially since we are growing rapidly, we decided to see
if lmtp would be of benefit, so far, we cant tell any difference, I guess
it is only 120-130 messages a minute, maybe if we were doing 200 a minute
we might see gain?

The question is with lda we used postfix settings
destination_recipient_limit=1, we have not added this with lmtp,is this
needed?