2.3.13 broken submission relay smtp parser

Tony Hain tony at tndh.net
Wed Jun 9 20:20:29 EEST 2021

> <snip/>
>
> To alleviate your concerns:
>
> from `man grep`
>
> -P, --perl-regexp
> Interpret  PATTERNS  as  Perl-compatible  regular  expressions
> (PCREs).  This option is experimental when combined  with  the
> -z (--null-data) option, and grep -P may warn of unimplemented
> features.
>
> dovecot-sysreport is a shell script, so you can easily verify that it is not
> attempting to call `doveconf -nP`, but instead, is trying to pass it to grep.

I had looked at the script, but the point was that the process for reporting bugs is not particularly appropriate for protecting sensitive information, and the combination of messages just reinforces that issue.

I did finally get time to unpack the archive and look at everything being sent. Since the submission_relay_user is included, the next time I need to report something I will have to comment that out before running sysreport.

Tony