sieve not updating headers?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Jun 11 16:54:43 EEST 2021

On Jun 11, 2021, at 3:51 AM, Vincent Brillault <vincent.brillault at cern.ch> wrote:
>> It then falls through my personal sieve filter and hits the implicit
>> keep at the end and ends up in my inbox - with the original headers.
>
> I had a similar issue recently (with addheader, not deleteheader) and I
> was pointed to the RFC:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5293#section-5
>
> ```
> The deleteheader action does not affect Sieve's implicit keep.
> ```

I haven't gone over the RFCs with a fine toothed comb, but having implicit and explicit keep with different behaviors is surprising.

> My addheader case was solved by adding an explicit keep or a fileinto.

I added a keep; to then end of my before.sieve and it doesn't change the behavior (with or without the deleteheaders I always see the other hosts X-Spam headers in the delivered mail).
--
Daniel J. Luke