lda to lmtp

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Jun 12 14:42:13 EEST 2021

On 11/06/2021 22:14, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> On 2021-06-11 12:42, Laura Steynes wrote:
>
>> so nobody
>
> i am nobody then :)
>
> it would be nice to see postconf -n, and doveconf -n
>
> without this info its hard to help
>
> but remember lda, ltmp is both signle recipient
>
> where come clamav into the mix ?

off your drugs again benny?
WTF should she provide all the config outputs, when she asked a simple
question about one option, and WTF clamav came from is beyond me

> i dont know much, but its important to provide info to get help
>
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 12:03 PM Laura Steynes
> <laura.steynes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Although dovecot-lda serves us fine, we only average 8k messages an
> hour, peaking at 11k, over 4 machines (mostly for redundancy, we've
> run this fine on just  1 machine, but sometimes clamav makes things
> get upset, so we added some more especially since we are growing
> rapidly, we decided to see if lmtp would be of benefit, so far, we
> cant tell any difference, I guess it is only 120-130 messages a
> minute, maybe if we were doing 200 a minute we might see gain?
>
> The question is with lda we used postfix settings
> destination_recipient_limit=1, we have not added this with lmtp,is
> this needed?

This is probably more a question for postfix users list, might explain
why noone here answered you, but no its not needed with lmtp, and 2 msgs
a second, you want see any benefit over lda unless your running on a 386
:)

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.