Dovecot v2.3.15 released

Timo Sirainen timo at sirainen.com
Mon Jun 21 18:25:44 EEST 2021

Hi,

> On 21. Jun 2021, at 15.19, Laura Steynes <laura.steynes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know I'm blonde so might be silly question, but this libsystemd dependency,  does this mean dovecot need it mandatory even if we do not use a systemd infected OS ? Or is it only needed if we use one of those systemd infected OS's?
>
> My question is because our linux does not use systemd

No, systemd isn't required. It's just that previously when Dovecot was compiled with systemd it used our built-in copy of some of the systemd code, while now it links to libsystemd. Even if Dovecot is compiled against libsystemd it doesn't require actually to use it.

> the github release is still missing, true?
>
> git remote add -t release-2.3.15 origin https://github.com/dovecot/core <https://github.com/dovecot/core>
> #6 21.37 + git fetch '--depth=1'
> #6 21.81 fatal: couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/release-2.3.15

Yeah, sorry, it took a while to push to github. It had been a long time since I last finished the release myself, so I was fighting with gpg signing the release tags before pushing to github. It had such helpful error messages like "gpg failed to sign the data", "signing failed: Invalid IPC response" and finally I got to "signing failed: No secret key" (pretty sure there was) after which I gave up and signed elsewhere.