libdict_lua linking issues

James list at xdrv.uk
Tue Jun 22 16:56:42 EEST 2021

On 22/06/2021 12:30, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>> And on OmniOS / Solaris it failed with:
>>
>> libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -m64 -march=x86-64 -fPIC -Os -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast -fno-builtin-strftime -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -m64 -o test-dict test-dict.o  ./.libs/libdict.a ../lib-test/.libs/libtest.a ../lib/.libs/liblib.a -lsocket -lnsl -lsendfile
>> gcc: error: ./.libs/libdict_lua.a: No such file or directory
>> gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:630: test-dict-client] Error 1
> Attached patch should work? You'll need to run autogen.sh again.

No, similar error, I am slowly investigating.

I didn't run autogen.sh in the first place so I can't run it again.
Running for the first time it moans about missing libtool:

Warning:  libtoolize does not appear to be available.  This means that
the automatic build preparation via autoreconf will probably not work.
Preparing the build by running each step individually, however, should
work and will be done automatically for you if autoreconf fails.

ERROR: Unable to locate GNU Libtool.

ERROR:  To prepare the Dovecot build system from scratch,
         at least version 1.4.2 of GNU Libtool must be installed.