Quota warning script is never sent when reverse=yes

Jesús Ángel del Pozo Domínguez jesusangel.delpozo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 17:31:21 EEST 2021

Hi there,

I set up Dovecot to call a quota warning script:

plugin {
   quota_warning = storage=100%% quota-warning 100 %u
   quota_warning2 = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
   quota_warning3 = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
   quota_warning4 = -storage=100%% quota-warning below %u
}

The script is called whenever the quota exceeds the corresponding amount
(80%, 95% and 100%). However, on deleting messages to free space, the
script is not being called even though the quota drops below 100%.

I have manually tested the script, and it works:

$ /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh below user at foo.bar

Could you please give me any hint to fix this. I would like to call the
quota-warning script so that I can clear the over_quota_flag field in
the database.

Regards,