Dovecot v2.3.14.1 released

Timo Sirainen timo at sirainen.com
Wed Jun 23 18:03:31 EEST 2021

On 23. Jun 2021, at 13.17, Eirik Rye <rye at trojka.no> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 1:24 PM Timo Sirainen <timo at sirainen.com> wrote:
>> Binary packages in https://repo.dovecot.org/
>
> The repository https://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3.14 does not contain the
> latest binary package for version 2.3.14.1, as one would expect. The
> only way to get this package seems to be by changing to the more
> specific repository `ce-2.3.14.1`? `ce-2.3-latest` only provides
> 2.3.15, so using that repository with pinning also does not seem like
> an alternative.
>
> Will 2.3.14.1 become available in https://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3.14
> or is there another repository one should use if you want security
> updates whilst staying on a specific version?

Hmm. That kind of symlinks haven't been done before either, so it's not at least a change from previous Dovecot repository behavior. Also it would be a bit tricky - how would you install 2.3.14 specifically if it became a symlink? I guess we could always make it 2.3.14.0 and add 2.3.14 symlink to it, but that also feels a bit wrong since there never was 2.3.14.0 release exactly.