Quota Config With Prefetch Creating Alias Directories

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Sun Jun 27 05:32:48 EEST 2021

> On 06-26-2021 7:39 pm, dovecot at ptld.com wrote:
>
> First question: Is this the best way to configure dovecot using quota
> verification for postfix to work will aliases?
>
> Second question: How can i prevent directories and indexes being
> created for non found user (aliases) accounts?

I figured out i was doing it wrong, i removed the "result_failure =
return-ok" and used "quota_status_nouser = DUNNO" instead. However, now
i have another concern.

* I setup an email account for user at example.com
* I setup an alias alias at example.com to forward to user at example.com
* I filled up user at example.com inbox so it would fail quota.
* I sent an email to alias at example.com

Postfix did not reject the email, it accepted it and tried to deliver to
dovecot/lmtp which then rejected the message for being over quota. This
caused postfix to have to send a back splatter bounce email. Anyway to
solve that?

But worse, the bounce email exposed the forwarded to address of
user at example.com saying mailbox full.
"<user at example.com> (expanded from <alias at example.com>)"

What can be done about that? Keep the bounce notice from exposing the
forward to address? Or is there still a better way to set this up?