Dovecot 2.3.15 compilation fails

Michael Seevogel ms at ddnetservice.net
Sun Jun 27 16:53:49 EEST 2021

Am 27.06.2021 um 13:38 schrieb Andreas M. Kirchwitz:
> Hello Dovecot users and developers!
>
> Up to Dovecot 2.3.14.1 manual compilation of Dovecot sources was fine,
> I have an old 32-bit Linux server with GCC 4.4.7 where I compile
> almost all things manually. Works fine, never had problems with GCC
> versions.

GCC 4.4.7: This particular version sounds quite familiar to me.
Are you trying to compile Dovecot 2.3.15 on RHEL 6 (or a clone) because
that's the default GCC version on any EL6 based-distribution?!

If so, there are newer GCC versions available via the devtoolsets
provided by the CentOS SCLO repository (x64 only) or i686 rebuilds
provided by various others like CloudLinux, CERN/ScientificLinux etc...