dovecot director and keepalived

Steven Varco dovecot.org at bbs.varco.ch
Thu Mar 18 11:21:27 EET 2021

Hi Sebastiaan

Many thanks for that hint, it does work just perfectly, after I configured an address on the service director inet_listener! :)
Now each instance only binds to its own IP, which is exactly what I was looking for.

I think it would be helpfull, if this could be added as a note to the docs in the director configuration settings.

And to answer the questsions from others regarding my mentioned „haproxy" on the server:
haproxy is not directly in connection with doevecot at all, instead I use it for proxying the SMTP submission port to postifix until I can upgrade dovecot to 2.3 (which I believe should habe the smtp sumbmission service included). And it is also used for proxing to other services, like http for webmail, etc.

Regarding the dovecot setup, I just use keepalived -> dovecot director -> dovecot IMAP

Sorry for the confusion, might should have mentioned that in the beginning… ;)

thanks,
Steven

--
https://steven.varco.ch/