FW: imapsieve rules not matching at all?

Justina Colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Sat Mar 20 16:14:37 EET 2021

I have not yet enabled imapsieve -- so far I have had fairly good luck avoiding spam simply by using SPF+DKIM+DMARC and enabling basic verification of incoming mail with opendkim and opendmarc.

Lately I have been reading some books on "fuzzy logic" and "fuzzy sets" with quite serious applications to artificial intelligence and neural networks that might be useful to classify "ham versus spam" based on actual content and context.

Spam versus ham is not the only sort of classification I would want to do on large volumes of email -- I might want to have separate folders to automatically classify incoming messages into separate categories for, say, friends-and-family, legal-related email, specific business interests, open-source-software or technical related email, mathematics, arts or crafts or literature or hobbies, etc.

This kind of stuff must be easily configurable -- per user -- by individual end users who are not experts in editing configuration files.