FW: imapsieve rules not matching at all?

dovecot at steve.wattlink.net dovecot at steve.wattlink.net
Sat Mar 20 21:46:09 EET 2021

Aki Tuomi wrote:
> Yeah. Outlook does APPEND+EXPUNGE instead of MOVE.

That rather critical item should probably be mentioned in the configuration manual; in my searching about on the problem, I didn't find anything that indicated this Microsoft-caused limitation.  On the upside, I'm glad I found it in my testing since I often use Roundcube and Thunderbird, which (now that I've looked) seem to do it correctly.

Besides, I can't think of a safe way to reliably detect that other than declaring moves to any folder other than spam to be ham.  Guess I continue having Outlook users copy false positives from the spam folder into a separate reporting folder for cron to pick up.

Thanks!
--
Steve Watt   KD6GGD     PP-ASEL-IA   factories.words.yappy
Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education.