Solr FTS - message deletes not working as expected

Michael Slusarz michael.slusarz at open-xchange.com
Wed Nov 3 20:38:09 EET 2021

Have you tried another client?

Thunderbird does NOT necessarily process expunges immediately.  Depends on what else it is doing in the background.  So you can't click delete in the UI and not immediately see anything on the backend and definitively correlate the two.

Another option is to ensure debug logging is enabled for Dovecot so you can see what the FTS code is doing.  "log_debug = category=fts" and/or "mail_debug = yes" will help in that regard.

michael