BUG: imapsieve with virtual mailboxes

Claudemir Todo Bom claudemir at todobom.com
Mon Nov 15 14:55:44 UTC 2021

Hi folks, and @stephanbosch

trying to debug the code, even knowing nothing about it, I discovered
that @stephanbosch (cc him on this message) fixed the panic error I
described in my original message on commit #27ab897f in the pigeonhole
project.

In this change he only avoided running into the bug if UID of the message
could not be determined, which is the case when the target mailbox of a
copy or move operation is a virtualbox with a fallback real mailbox. This
way the imapsieve is unusable when moving to a virtual mailbox, since what
I'm trying to do is a virtualbox for Junk and some others, all with real
mailboxes fallbacks and trying to activate the spamassassin learning on
this movement, I need to detect when a message is being moved from a junk
folder to any other folder and vice-versa.

Can anybody help me on making imapsieve to work when dropping messages into
virtual mailbox that have a real mailbox fallback?

Best regards,
Claudemir