[External] reconsidering my (your?) current setup

Gerald Galster list+dovecot at gcore.biz
Thu Oct 7 21:23:25 EEST 2021

>> The CentOS community manager is a friend and he understands that they really missed the mark on the messaging around CentOS8 Stream.
>> In short, I'm not sure it's going to be that bad of a solution.
>

> People think that because Redhat has repeatedly said stream is not Centos or a replacement for Centos.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/centos-stream-checklist says:
> "CentOS Stream may seem like a natural choice to replace CentOS Linux, but it is not designed for production use and can present many challenges in enterprise environments."

Unfortunately that is true, they broke systemd-nspawn in CentOS Stream a while ago. It's a bad surprise when you update, reboot and your virtual servers don't work anymore.
(systemd-nspawn is more like openvz used to be, something between docker/podman and qemu/kvm).

RockyLinux is an alternative for me although some extra repos like glusterfs (storage sig) are still missing.

Best regards
Gerald