Storing Last Login Plugin value in SQL

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Mon Sep 13 21:25:55 EEST 2021

> On 09-13-2021 2:20 pm, Gedalya wrote:
> On 9/14/21 02:12, dovecot at ptld.com wrote:
>>
>> Anyone have any idea how to get the last-login plugin to update a
>> date/time column in sql?
>
> I use this to throttle updates to once in 900 seconds:
>
> create trigger tg1 before update on mailacct for each row if
> new.lastlogin < (old.lastlogin + 900) then set new.lastlogin =
> old.lastlogin; end if;
>
> You can try:
>
> create trigger tg1 before update on mailacct for each row set
> new.logindate = FROM_UNIXTIME(new.lastlogin);

The problem im having with the last-login plugin is the only option i
can see to use is a dict map{}. I can not create my own query for the
plugin to execute otherwise this would be way easier. Using the map{}
method all you can do it tell it the column name to update and the
plugin/dovecot writes the insert on dupe query automatically removing
any kind of flexibility or customization.

Is there a way to use the plugin and write your own sql query to run
instead of using a dict map{}?