Storing Last Login Plugin value in SQL

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Mon Sep 13 21:33:14 EEST 2021

On 9/14/21 02:25, dovecot at ptld.com wrote:

> The problem im having with the last-login plugin is the only option i can see to use is a dict map{}. I can not create my own query for the plugin to execute otherwise this would be way easier. Using the map{} method all you can do it tell it the column name to update and the plugin/dovecot writes the insert on dupe query automatically removing any kind of flexibility or customization.
>
> Is there a way to use the plugin and write your own sql query to run instead of using a dict map{}?

Assuming you use MariaDB / MySQL, you create this trigger in the database. Assuming your int/bigint/varchar column is lastlogin and the table name is mailacct, the trigger will update the datetime `logindate` column whenever the table is updated, by whatever existing queries you have. This is your recourse when you can't get your queries to do the right thing in the first place.