resend whole inbox to user

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Wed Apr 6 20:49:41 UTC 2022

On 2022-04-06 12:29, Marc wrote:
> I was wondering if there is some way to force an imap client to 're-download' all the messages from the inbox. I can remember in the 'old days' that when the connection was dropped during a pop download, the whole inbox was re-downloaded, resulting in quite a lot of duplicates. I am looking for such action.

While not a 'dovecot' question.. IMAP does NOT download messages in the
first place, so there is no such thing as re-download.

You simply set the IMAP client to 'synchronize' if you want a copy
stored locally.  Eg, in Thunderbird, click on properties,
synchronization, Select this folder for offline use, download.

Every email client calls this something else, but the idea is the same.
  'Keep local copy' is another common term.

Please check the help documentation on the email client of choice.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."