Dovecot and OAuth2 and gmail

Paul Kudla (SCOM.CA Internet) paul at scom.ca
Thu Apr 14 11:28:15 UTC 2022

Ok dovecot really has nothing to do with the OAuth2 via google,
microsoft etc

Basically any incoming emails being forwarded are being handled by
fetchmail, how it gets to dovecot (usually postfix) is of no concern.

Fethmail 7.0.0 alpha (not released yet)

see : https://sourceforge.net/projects/fetchmail/files/branch_7-alpha/

is going to or has basic support for OAuth2 support builtin

I am an ISP and will also be forced to deal with this issue shortly.

So I am just getting to testing this, last branch update was 2021-08-03

Like all beta software use at your own risk and test thoroughly.

fyi

Happy Thursday !!!
Thanks - paul

Paul Kudla