how to setup IMAPs with letsencrypt

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 23:42:16 UTC 2022

On Sun, 24 Apr 2022, ??? (alice) wrote:

> [Actually, I wrote]
>> otherwise you'll have to use DNS challenge method
>> to support multiple hostnames on the same certificate.
>
> do you know how to implement this?

Others have pointed out resources, but at a very basic level, you'll need
a scriptable way to add TXT records for your domain. Plenty of ACMEbots
supply plugins for various cloud provider APIs, but if you're running
your own DNS server like I am, you may have roll your own plugin.

If you don't have this level of control over your DNS zone, you'll have
to bodge it with HTTP challenge and a stub web servers.

> the original certificates were issued for domain: sample.com.
> But this certs can be used for any.sample.com too?

For wildcarded certs (valid for *.sample.com), your only recourse is
use DNS challenges.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>