Adding new server (POP3 only)

Antonino Esposito mcateo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:41:21 UTC 2022

Good morning,

we're facing a spike in users activation and we've decided to add
another server for POP3 only.
Since our dovecot is currently backed by NFS, i'm under the impression
we just need to add a new instance listening for POP3, backed by the
same NFS. However, i'm afraid the existing POP3 users will download the
messages once again, due to the fact the responding server will be on a
different IP address, even if the hostname will be exactly the same.

Am i right in this assumption? Have you any advice for me?

Thanks
Antonino