Doveadm Move Query

justina colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Thu Dec 1 10:10:15 UTC 2022

Sounds like a boss at work. An "admin" doing off-beat SQL-like stuff on
people's email. I'm a little disconcerted. I don't really use these
commands myself or see a good use case for them, or the whole
infrastructure built up on "doveadm" commands.

These are general purpose mailbox utilities. Something that would be much
less confusing to fork off into a totally separate project independent of
Dovecot. There is sifting and sorting for spam and porn and scams, but that
isn't really a "dove(cot) admin" job.

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Move
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/SearchQuery

I have several virtual mailboxes but dovecot knows nothing about them.
Postfix is configured to deliver mail for my virtual mailboxes, and my
desktop & mobile email clients are configured with "identities" to respond
to them.