Error: Failed to get quota resource STORAGE: quota-fs: quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA, NFS:/home) failed: No such file or directory

Jorge Concha C. jac at cec.uchile.cl
Fri Dec 16 15:14:02 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm migrating my dovecot (imap) server from CentOS-6 to RockyLinux-9,
but I can't get the QUOTA-FS plugin to work.

When trying the "doveadm quota get -u user" command, it returns an error
"doveadm(user): Error: Failed to get quota resource STORAGE: quota-fs:
quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA, nfs:/home) failed: No such file or directory"

If the user has his "$home" on a local drive, everything works fine, but
if the user has his $home on a nfs-filesystem, it throws that error.

On CentOS-6, everything works fine, with the same users on the same
nfs-filesystem.
I don't know if it is the product of the OS change or the dovecot
version change.

CentOS6 -> Dovecot 2.2.10
RockyLinux-9 -> Dovecot 2.3.16

Does anyone have any ideas?