OT: Two simultaneous POP3 connections from Outlook

Paul Kudla (SCOM.CA Internet Services Inc.) paul at scom.ca
Wed Dec 21 10:10:39 UTC 2022

Good morning
this is probably not want you are looking for

Couple of issues

even if you get around the outlook locking issue (unless you are leaving
on the server but would be flagged that way anyways) pop3 is first come
first serve.

Outlook when it comes to imap & pop3 its been my experience that
microsoft just does not support these properly anymore as in favor for
the exchange protocols.

Outlook 2010 was the last version that kinda worked.

Also Outlook does not support idle for imap making outlook for outlook
and other clients (like thunderbird) more practical.

for example in the case of imap outlook on large email boxes will just
cycle forever on a folder sync.

Completly useless.

Just some experience to share with you.

Happy Wednesday !!!