AW: Self hosting solution for Christmas

Joachim Lindenberg dovecot at lindenberg.one
Thu Dec 29 08:10:23 UTC 2022

Hello André,
thanks for the explanations, appreciated, and for sure publishing a comparison would help users to make a decision, where to "shop", and maybe also for enthusiast the opportunity to join forces on specific topics.
I like that you support FDE, but my personal preference is to run *x as virtual machines on Hyper-V with Bitlocker and Bitlocker Network Unlock. I haven´t looked into Clevis & Tang yet in detail, which might be an alternative.
I decided for mailcow early 2018 where it met my requirements, but I am also open to alternatives, especially if they are on par or close w.r.t. functionality, ideally offering high availability via two replicating instances (mailcow does this commercially only and didn´t offer a GDPR compliant contract).
Thanks,
Joachim