feature-request: make received-header on submission optional or at least drop the ip in it

dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de
Sat Jan 1 19:04:59 UTC 2022

hi.

we're just trying to re-structure a system and want to use dovcots
submission-ability.
because the github-repository have no entry for any issues at all, we're
sending this feature-fequest to this ML.

unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any option to drop the
received-header at all or at least hide the IP of the user.

because the client-ip is covered by GDPR as personal data and so it
should never shown to others without a certain reason, we want to hide
it, but there's no "submission_add_received_header"-option like for lmtp
and it doesn't seem to be any other option to hide this information.

maybe this is possible to implement in near future?

thanks a lot.

best regards

d.