feature-request: make received-header on submission optional or at least drop the ip in it

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Mon Jan 3 14:47:52 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-01 11:04 a.m., dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de wrote:
> because the client-ip is covered by GDPR as personal data and so it
> should never shown to others without a certain reason, we want to hide
> it, but there's no "submission_add_received_header"-option like for lmtp
> and it doesn't seem to be any other option to hide this information.

Using your email system IS the reason, simply make sure that you inform
customers why this is presented.  The world will thank you ;)

Sorry, but while an IP has been described as personal data in various
privacy legislation, just like to stop the spreading of misinformation
that you 'cannot' include that information.

You can include personal information, as long as the person is aware
(SLA, Terms and Conditions etc) and it has a valid use, eg for security
purposes.

Oh, but no flames please, this is almost getting off topic as it is.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."