feature-request: make received-header on submission optional or at least drop the ip in it

dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de
Mon Jan 3 15:15:01 UTC 2022

Am 03.01.22 um 15:47 schrieb Michael Peddemors:

> Using your email system IS the reason, simply make sure that you inform

no, it's not.

and:

> (SLA, Terms and Conditions etc) and it has a valid use, eg for security
> purposes.

for security_reasons it's completly ok, to store this information
*locally* on the server for some time, but not to push this information
together with date+time towards the world.

sorry, if you don't have an idea of privacy-needs, you should not post
about this topic and then say something about "no flames please"...

> Oh, but no flames please, this is almost getting off topic as it is.

well, then let's come back to the origin topic.

There's an need for it (as I noticed meanwhile at least back to 2019:
 https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2019-August/116865.html ) and
until it breaks no existing thing (which is expected due to *optional*
settings ), there's no reason to discuss about that need itself.

( You won't be forced to enable it for Your mail-server )

@others: due to the importance of it for us, I'm currently trying to
implement it, but because that's my first deeper view in dovecots code,
maybe I'll need some help.

d.