FTS flatcurve not index messages when SEARCH run on Virtual Mailboxes

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Mon Jan 17 08:09:11 UTC 2022

Il 11/01/22 15:27, Aki Tuomi ha scritto:
>> On 11/01/2022 15:21 Alessio Cecchi <alessio at skye.it> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> I'm testing FTS flatcurve plugin in order to understand if I can switch from FTS Solr to flatcurve.
>>
>>   In my configuration I have enabled Virtual mailboxes and for search in all folders I just SEARCH on Virtual/All folder. I this (virtual) folder is not indexed with FTS Solr Dovecot start to index it (or all real folders).
>>
>>   But with FTS flatcurve when I SEARCH on Virtual/All for the first time the indexer process does not start and the search return empty. Only if I run manually "doveadm index -q -u alessio at email.net '*'" flatcurve find messages.
>>
>>   Can flatcurve have the same feature as Solr for Virtual mailboxes?
>> Here a sample of my configuration:
>> namespace Virtual {
>>   hidden = yes
>>   list = no
>>   location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual:INDEX=~/Maildir/virtual
>>   prefix = Virtual/
>>   separator = /
>>   subscriptions = no
>>   }
>>
>>   namespace inbox {
>>   [...]
>>   mailbox virtual/All {
>>   comment = All my messages
>>   special_use = \All
>>   }
>>   }
>>
>>   # cat /etc/dovecot/virtual/All/dovecot-virtual
>>   *
>>   all
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Alessio Cecchi
>> Postmaster @ http://www.qboxmail.it
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessice
> Hi!
>
> plugin {
>    fts_autoindex = yes
>    fts_enforced = yes
> }
>
> probably fixes your issue.

Hi,

probably I have found where is the issue.

My Dovecot is configured with fts=solr and my mailbox is already indexed
with Solr. For testing Flatcurve I just change dovecot config from
fts=solr to fts=flatcurve and run "doveadm fts rescan -u EMAIL".

Now, after "fts rescan" on my account if I SEARCH on a standard mailbox
folder, flatcurve index is updated, if I SEARCH on Virtual/All flatcurve
index is not updated.

If I test SEARCH, with flatcurve, on a newly created mailbox account,
never indexed with Solr (or if I delete all dovecot.* file on my mailbox
account previously index with Solr) also a SEARCH on Virtual/All
updating flatcurve index.

So my question is, there is a specific command for switch from an FTS
plugin to another or there is a bug in this procedure?

Thanks