noob maildir question

mikfum mikfum at protonmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:43:16 UTC 2022

Hi John
I've been using courier-imap for several years in a relatively small reality with about twenty users, in view of a migration from real box to a virtual server I'm exploring dovecot as a possible alternative.
I am used to stopping the service at night simply to make backups and archiving with a consistent situation in the filesystem, not the best solution but my skills are not so strong :)