Any update on lazy load SNI?

Pierre Allétru pierre.alletru at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:23:50 UTC 2022

Hi folks,

We need to use SNI with Dovecot at a relatively large scale and I was
wondering if there's any update on the ability to:

1 - Lazy load SNI certificates when they are needed instead of loading them
all at once during startup/reload, thus taking a lot of memory and being
very slow.
2 - Not having to reload Dovecot every time a new domain cert is added in
conf.
3 - Or at least have Dovecot keep processing clients while the slow reload
happens.

This has been asked already in a 2016 thread:
https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2016-November/106075.html.

Regarding point 3 there's a reply from Aki saying it was in the internal
tasklist (
https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2016-November/106089.html).

Anybody knows if some progress has been made on these subjects? I can't
anything in the docs or any recent information anywhere else.

Thanks,

--
Pierre Allétru
06 70 55 08 35