SSL error

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Nov 9 14:58:34 UTC 2022

Hello

I am getting this error and I have no idea why.  openssh is upto date

client

bash-5.1$ fetchmail --ssl -p POP3 -uruben mail2.boroparkmd.com
Enter password for ruben at mail2.boroparkmd.com:
fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: self signed
certificate
fetchmail: Missing trust anchor certificate:
/C=US/ST=NY/L=Brooklyn/O=Dovecot/OU=mail
servuces/CN=*.boroparkmd.com/emailAddress=ruben at mrbrklyn.com
fetchmail: This could mean that the root CA's signing certificate is not
in the trusted CA certificate location, or that c_rehash needs to be run
on the certificate directory. For details, please see the documentation
of --sslcertpath and --sslcertfile in the manual page. See README.SSL
for details.
fetchmail: OpenSSL reported: error:1416F086:SSL
routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
fetchmail: mail2.boroparkmd.com: SSL connection failed.
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from ruben at mail2.boroparkmd.com
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

Server:
Nov  9 09:36:13 mail2 dovecot[25838]: pop3-login: Disconnected:
Connection closed: SSL_accept() failed: error:0A000412:SSL
routines::sslv3 alert bad certificate: SSL alert number 42 (no auth
attempts in 1 secs): user=<>, rip=96.57.23.83, lip=96.57.23.84, TLS
handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:0A000412:SSL routines::sslv3
alert bad certificate: SSL alert number 42, session=<MBsPlArtPtxgORdT>

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com