adding caldav/carddav next to dovecot

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Fri Oct 14 19:13:00 UTC 2022

> here, to date,
>
>    https://radicale.org/v3.html
>
> is very well behaved.

Looking over radicale, i only see the option for plain text or MD5 passwords. I don't see an option to have authentication against an existing DB, like the same used for Dovecot Authentication. I also don't see a way to configure caldav data to be stored in the same location as IMAP files. No %user %domain variables that can be used in the config path. A way to store calendars outside of linux user home directories since users are virtual.

Did i just miss these features? Documentation or tutorials for this ability?