[Dovecot-news] Notification about branch and versioning changes

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Thu Feb 3 10:29:07 UTC 2022

Dear subscribers,

This year we will be releasing a new Dovecot major release. In preparations for this, we are doing some repository changes,
which will affect you if you are using our git repositories. These changes will become effective after 14th of February.

Following branch name changes are going to be implemented:
  - main  => this is going to be the main branch in future
  - master => release-2.3

Note that Dovecot version number on main branch is going to change. The next major CE release will be 2.4.x.

The change to a main branch and its version numbering also apply to Pigeonhole. We will also align Pigeonhole release version to match Dovecot, ie. the next major is 2.4.x and not 0.6.

We will send more information about the upcoming major release as it progresses.

Regards,
Aki Tuomi
Open-Xchange oy