[dovecot] Disk quotas (was: SELECT)

marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br
Thu Aug 8 22:35:33 EEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 06:04:53PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > Anyway, "mkdir .INBOX" succeeds but it is created with
> > perms 070 and trying to create the links inside it
> > causes the permission errors.
>
> Ah, and this was because I was stupid and set the default umask to 0700
> instead of 0077 :) You could fix this by uncommenting the umask-line in
> dovecot.conf.

Hey, it works! :)

> btw. 0.95 also has problems with bad network connections or large mailboxes,
> I'll probably release 0.96 soon which fixes it.

Yes, confirmed. Using 0.96 my inbox shows up with all my ~200 messages now.

Now, one last question (for a while):  would be possible/desirable make
Dovecot work when an user is with her disk quota completely full (hard
quota)?  The main reason I'm looking for an alternative imap server is that
neither WU-Imapd nor Courier work "properly" (from an user point of view) in
that situation (the user can not login or delete her messages to clean up
the mailbox). If Dovecot could handle this problem (creating its scratch
files in /tmp, perhaps) it'd be big plus, IMHO.

Thanks for the great support :)