[dovecot] Re: Disk quotas

marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br
Fri Aug 9 22:03:39 EEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 07:03:01AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Well, that is a bit difficult to handle.. It's mostly the index files that
> dovecot has to create/grow. I think I should support keeping them only in
> memory when disk quota is exceeded.

I see...

> But what about clients, I think some of them just copy the mail to trash
> folder instead of deleting the mail? But maybe with
> maildir_copy_with_hardlinks=yes that'd be possible even with quota full.

When a user or his imap client asks for a "write" operation (like saving in
Trash) I think it's fair for an imap server just fail the operation and
return an error (he's overquota :).

But using "good" clients that offer the option to just delete the messages
(not copy/move them) it would be nice if they could have the chance to at
least login and delete the spam.

> I guess I'll have to install quota support and start fixing.

I'm by no means a decent C programmer but if I could help somehow, just ask.

Thanks,
Marcelo.