[dovecot] Re: Maildir detection..

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 12 08:25:09 EET 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 05:14, Jesse Peterson wrote:
> It would seem that dovecot cannot detect my maildir.  The system DO NOT
> use "~/Maildir".  It is arbitrary across a few systems, actualy, and am
> curious if there is a way to "force" in the config file where the
> maildir explicitly resides, much like Postfix's "home_mailbox"
> configuration parameter.

OK, I added "default_mail_env" setting to config file. You can get it
from CVS, or maybe I should release 0.99.5. There's still a few nasty
problems with .4 anyway..

> On a side note, I compiled dovecot 0.99.4 on a NetBSD 1.6-release i386
> machine, it when imap_listen is not set in the config file, it only
> binds to the tcp6 ::1 address.  Any clues?

Hmm. Looks like NetBSD doesn't listen in IPv4 addresses when I bind to
"in6addr_any". Wonder how others have solved this.. Configuring Dovecot
with --disable-ipv6 fixes this anyway.