[dovecot] Re: RLIMIT_AS patch for FreeBSD

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 27 20:38:38 EET 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 20:31, Dominic Marks wrote:
> I've just updated the FreeBSD dovecot port to the 0.99.4 beta release,
> the following patch was needed as FreeBSD has setrlimit(2) but does not
> define RLIMIT_AS (I believe).

I fixed this some time ago by using RLIMIT_DATA which should be defined
everywhere. RLIMIT_AS is also used with systems that have it. It's
mostly useful with Linux/glibc2.3 where RLIMIT_DATA doesn't have much
effect since malloc() uses mmap() for larger allocations.

0.99.5 should be out soon I think :)