[dovecot] passwd-file; configure args..

Jesse Peterson jpeterson275 at attbi.com
Sat Dec 28 09:57:13 EET 2002

I couldn't reproduce this again (because i can't get imap-master running
due to problem below..) but.. When compiling without shadow, passwd, or
pam, when logging in I get after a successful login (in my syslog):
Dec 28 22:39:38 badcase imap(username): MAIL environment missing and
autodetection failed (home /some/home/directory)
Now I thought this was covered in a previous fix before (ChangeLog:
"2002-12-17 03:00  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>")  but for some reason
it's broken again..?

The configure args problem has to do with --localstatedir.  If i leave
it default (PREFIX/var) it forces me (even with non-relative pathnames
in the config file) for the socket-files (ssl_parameters_file,
login_dir) that should go in /var/run to be put under PREFIX,
(/usr/local for NetBSD 1.6).  Not too bad, if I could override it in the
config file, which I can't.  So I ./configure'd with --localstatedir=/,
and when I run imap-master I now get:
Fatal: Can't create directory //run/dovecot: No such file or directory
Somewhat odd.

Any clues on either of these would be helpful, thanks.

--
Jesse Peterson
erage at softhome.net