[dovecot] Re: INBOX at /var in maildir storage format

Sebastian Pachuta seba at iq.pl
Thu Apr 3 22:57:07 EEST 2003

> What do you mean by "cannot create"? Does it write something to log? Can
> you even read the existing mailboxes? /var/mail/username/ directory
> anyway has to exist, Dovecot doesn't even try to create it.

Empty directory /var/mail/username/ owned by username with perm 700 exist.
When I connect via imap dovecot automagical creates subfolders .INBOX
new tmp cur and .customflags file.
Next I'm trying to create folder via webmail software but nothing happens.
No info in log.

But now I've checked it by telnet to imap and issue rfc3501 'create' and
'list' commands. Works great.

Lame on me, but it looks like old webmail software make this mess.