[dovecot] Re: shared folders?

Moe Wibble eskimoe at ananzi.co.za
Fri Apr 25 14:37:13 EEST 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 01:19:51PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 05:26, Jesse Peterson wrote:
> > With maildir oes dovecot support multiple logins from the same user?
>
> Yes. With mbox too.
>
> > If so, can't you just symlink any maildir dir to .SharedFolder in a users dir?
>
> Well, you could.. If you did it manually, set up permissions correctly
> and preferrably didn't use shared index files (not so secure). That
> would also mean that message flags were shared between users.

Oh, really now?
Last time I tried (some versions ago) this didn't work out.

I can't exactly remember what the problem was, though.
Maybe I'll give it one more shot today.

What negative side effects could sharing the index have?
Is there a way to safely disable the index only for the shared folders?

thanks
--
MW