[Dovecot] CVS/test version config/build failures on FreeBSD

Dominic Marks dom at wirespeed.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 22:07:55 EEST 2003

On Sunday 10 August 2003 3:23 pm, Mike Brown wrote:
> Dominic Marks wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 August 2003 10:42 pm, Mike Brown wrote:
> > > ./ltconfig: .: /dev/null: not a regular file
> > > ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
> > > Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> > > configure: error: libtool configure failed
> >
> > You might want to duplicate most of the configure arguments from
> > the port.
>
> Ah, I see you're the port maintainer.

Yep.

> Adding arguments didn't make a difference...
>
> ./configure --localstatedir=/var --with-ssl=openssl \
>   --with-ssldir=/var/dovecot/ssl --with-pop3d --with-pam \
>   CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
>
> I infer that you have no trouble with the latest CVS version?

I keep a development copy of the port tracking the test releases and I
have test4 building fine here. I had to add a hack to get the
index-expunge.h file copied, but Timo has fixed that now.

As someone else said, and I suspected, you probably need to update
libtool. I'm using libtool 1.3.5_1 from ports.

On an unrelated note do you have some abstract email configurations ?
I hit Reply-All in KMail to your message and added your address to
the To: and Cc: lines, but didn't include the mailing list.
Alternatively it could be my email configurations :) or just KMail
being odd.

On an even more unrelated note:
Timo: any chance of the kqueue ioloop patch I submitted to you being
integrated ? I'm willing to have a go at removing the priorities
stuff in ioloop and ioloop_{poll,select} if that would help.

Cheers,
--
Dominic <dom at wirespeed.org.uk>