[Dovecot] IMAP error after login

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 14 20:11:49 EEST 2003

On Thursday, Aug 14, 2003, at 10:31 Europe/Helsinki, Nicolas STRANSKY
wrote:

> I'm having a slight problem with Dovecot (0.99.10-0.rc2, on Debian
> woody). When using mozilla 1.4, there is an error message from the
> mailer just after login, but nothing in dovecot logs.
> "Alert
> The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Error
> in
> IMAP command UID: Too long argument.."
>
> How could I fix this problem ?

You have a large mailbox and Mozilla tries to send a huge command to
Dovecot. Next release has max. command line length configurable from
config file, but for now you'd have to modify sources or try to avoid
so many changes at once.

If you want to change it from sources, it's in beginning of
src/imap/client.c MAX_INBUF_SIZE.