[Dovecot] transitional weirdnesses

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Aug 19 00:24:51 EEST 2003

1) not reproducible but when it occurred, its stuck: in the early transition to
dovecot I would notice occasionally that messages would come up, I would delete
them and then something would hang causing a major delay in the (Mozilla) e-mail
client's response.  When the system responded, I would notice that occasionally
there would be an off by one offset between the index of messages and the
message displayed.  This error would persist until I killed off the index and
the dovecot process.

2) very reproducible: after fetching messages from my inbox, there will be a
long (30 sec.) delay.  Dovecot demon is clearly busy doing something.  I do have
a large set of filter rules (approximately 150) sorting messages into different
boxes.  Is this a reason to switch to maildir?

3) just ended up with a message that displayed the entire header.  Will look
into this more but it's very strange.

---eric