[Dovecot] transitional weirdnesses

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Aug 19 16:44:35 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen explained:

> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 00:24, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>
> Corrupted messages with Mozilla sounds a bit like the bug I fixed in
> 0.99.10.. You don't happen to be using CR+LF linefeeds? Or alternatively
> it's just some mbox weirdness. I haven't noticed that myself though..

no, I don't think I am.  I will doublecheck however in any case, it only
happened once so I'm not too worried

> You could check with strace -p pid what imap process is doing. Or if
> those filter rules are done by client and one message at a time doing
> COPY + EXPUNGE, it's really no wonder.

you know, I would not be surprised if Mozilla was doing that.  It's not a very
smart imap client but it sucks far less than the other ones out there.  Now all
I need is server side filtering that is manageable (unlike procmail) and I will
be very happy (until the next time I stub my toe ;-)

> I'd suggest maildir anyway, it probably fixes your other problems too :)

I figured you'd say that.  It's where I was going anyway... now I need to figure
out how to make the delivery agent (procmail) deliver to my inbox using maildir
and everybody else's mailbox in mbox....  time to STFW

---eric