[Dovecot] transitional weirdnesses

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Aug 19 20:06:36 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen explained:

> On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 16:44 Europe/Helsinki, Eric S. Johansson
> wrote:
>
> That would probably be Sieve then. I think there's some GUIs for it as
> well. I'd just have to get around plugging libSieve into Dovecot. Last I
> tried it wasn't as simple as I thought.

why is none of this stuff as easy as it should be?  We should know enough now to
be able to abstract appropriate bits functionality and communicate that
abstraction clearly.  Instead we still have a rather poor mishmash of knowledge
compounded by a cluster of point simplifications when used together increase
overall complexity.

bah, humbug.. should have stayed in astronomy and physics.

---eric