[Dovecot] transitional weirdnesses

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Wed Aug 20 01:09:29 EEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 06:49:03PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 16:44 Europe/Helsinki, Eric S. Johansson
> wrote:
>
> >Now all I need is server side filtering that is manageable (unlike
> >procmail) and I will be very happy (until the next time I stub my toe
> >;-)
>
> That would probably be Sieve then. I think there's some GUIs for it as
> well. I'd just have to get around plugging libSieve into Dovecot. Last
> I tried it wasn't as simple as I thought.

I thought he was just musing about finding a delivery agent that
included a filtering language.  Not sure what good having such a thing
in the IMAP server does, although I know some support it.  Seems to me
that a facility to re-deliver mail or other general ways to give a
message to a standalone tool (as briefly discussed a while ago) would
be superior.

-mm-  (currently using a sieve-ish filter on my inbox..)