[Dovecot] rawlog change suggestion

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 21 01:12:24 EEST 2003

On Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003, at 23:47 Europe/Helsinki, Charlie Brady
wrote:

> I find the separate .in and .out files rather difficult to work with. I
> think it would be more useful if the in/out traffic were interleaved
> with
> a prefix to indicate direction, and suffix to indicate continuation, as
> recordio (http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/recordio.html) does:

Depends on usage. I've wanted both.

> Comments?

Thanks for reminding that rawlog functionality really doesn't belong to
Dovecot. Rawlogging should be a separate binary which is executed by
modifying mail_executable setting in config file. Something like:

protocol imap {
   mail_executable = /usr/local/bin/rawlog
/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
}

What I'm not sure about is if I should distribute rawlog binary with
Dovecot or not :)